2nd Shift Quality Assurance Supervisor
|Title:||2nd Shift Quality Assurance Supervisor|
|Job Location :||Cicero, NY|
- Promote quality achievement and performance improvement throughout the organization.
- Drive Daily on-floor QA technicians equipment and system(s) activities.
- Drive QA department mechanical systems
- Maintain, verify, and ensure company yield goals are obtained.
- Maintain verify and ensure QA compliance objectives and targets are achieved.
- Participate in plant-wide Food Safety Program and help ensure compliance.
- Provide training, tools, and materials to achieve standards.
- Participate in supplier evaluations to ensure product specifications and integrity.
- Ensure compliance with national and international standards and legislation.
- Consider and evaluate environmental, health, and safety standards.
- Maintain, verify, and ensure standards and quality methods are followed.
- Maintain, verify, and ensure quality procedures, SOPs, and GMPS are followed within the QA department.
- Maintain and evaluate controls and documentation procedures.
- Identify relevant quality-related training needs and report to QA manager
- Participate in performance data, reports, and charts analyses.
- Ensure test/procedures are understood, properly executed, evaluated, and verified.
- Hands-on supervision of QA technical staff in all facets of the department.
- Provide technical and management systems reports as required and or as needed.
- Help drive plant-wide quality programs.
- Understand and have knowledge of all 3rd party audits and back up QA manager as needed.
- Understand water usage, flow, and discharge systems and provide input as needed.
- Know, understand, and drive Corporate and Food Safety Mission Statements.
Education: Two years (food Safety, Food Sciences and/or general sciences) Associates Degree
Experience: Four years QA supervisor (or comparable) experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Intermediate mechanical & beverage equipment knowledge and/or hands-on experience
- Basic Formula Management System: Knowledge of data in Formula Management Systems, including reasonable value ranges and calculations and the ability to recognize inconsistencies. Includes the ability to enter a formula or other information into the system and to generate reports.
- Basic Material Science: Knowledge of principles of material science and manufacturing processes including how material selection can affect these processes.
- Basic Microbiology: Basic Knowledge of food and water microbiology and processes.
- Basic Beverage Physics – C02 N2, heat exchanging, and their relationships.
- Beverage Manufacturing: Knowledge of and ability to apply carbonated and non-carbonated beverage processing techniques (e.g. proportioning, carbonating, syrup, manufacturing, filling)
- Must have solid written and verbal communication skills
- Must be organized, neat and punctual
- Must have strong basic math and computer skills (especially with Microsoft Word and Excel)
- Must have the ability to lead, motivate, and drive employees and be a back-up liaison for all plant audits and be certified in HACCP, Food Safety, or Food Defense.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications