|Title:||2nd Shift Maintenance Mechanic|
|Job Location :||Cicero, NY|
Clinton's Ditch Cooperative an independent, New York State Pepsi Cola manufacturer is looking for a 2nd Shift Maintenance Mechanic. The ideal candidate will need to have the following skills and qualifications:
Maintenance Mechanic - Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Complies with established job safety practices, policies, and procedures as specified for the safe performance of Completes required training in a timely fashion, including compliance and on-the-job training.
- Optimizes production processes.
- Installs and maintains air compressors, plant air circulation systems, cooling and heating units, and plant lighting.
- Performs preventative maintenance on assigned electrical systems, production equipment, facility, as required.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, installs, erects, moves, and/or dismantles all types of machinery and auxiliary production equipment.
- Inspects job site and equipment to be dismantled, erected, or moved, analyzes blueprints and schematics, estimates the weight of loads to be handled, lifted, clearances, and recommends support equipment needed.
- Fabricates sheet metal and structural units as needed: guarding, steps, stairs, conveyors, elevators, platforms, and sets in place.
- Performs various manual or mechanical production functions by operating, adjusting, and repairing the production equipment to meet customer specifications.
- Disassembles, overhauls, and rebuilds production equipment.
- Inspects in-process materials and in-process and finished products.
- Performs record-keeping duties as required under the direction of management.
- Determines all supplies and tools needed for each assignment
- Capable of using all industrial shop and millwright equipment effectively and be able to fabricate precision parts.
- Individuals must also be familiar with production equipment’s electronic components and have sound knowledge of basic line control equipment.
- Be able to weld most common materials such that the end result is effective and presentable.
- Should understand and be able to use basic test equipment such as volt/ohm meters, amp meters, voltage tester micrometers - among others.
- Should be able to communicate effectively with both peers and supervisors and keep accurate records and logs.
- Must take direction and work without direct supervision, be safety conscious, and follow plant policy and procedures.
- Must be able to work through construction and machinery problems in a logical manner
- Must be able to diagnose problems and correct them within a reasonable amount of time.
- Must maintain work areas, tools, panels, and equipment in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Should be self-motivated, professional and have a good attitude toward their supervisors and fellow employees
Maintenance Mechanic - Job Requirements (Knowledge/Skills/Abilities):
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through high school education or equivalent.
- Job-related experience for 4 years minimum.
- Required on-the-job and classroom training.
- Working knowledge of the following areas: nomenclature of all assigned equipment, mechanical devices, transmission systems, interface units, AC/DC motors, wiring diagrams and schematics, computers and inspection, and digital devices, and the operating principles of all assigned equipment.
- Ability to effectively train personnel.
- Ability to use basic hand and power tools.
- Ability to use electronic test equipment.
- Must possess an interest in and an aptitude for mechanics
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to operate and functionally use a computer.
- Ability to work in multiple departments.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- Must follow company policies, procedures, practices, and standards of conduct.
- Maintains an awareness of and complies with hazardous waste management and other environmental management requirements in the workplace.
- Must maintain professional competence, ethical integrity, knowledge, and skills.
Working Conditions: Works in both office and manufacturing environments. This position is exposed to occupational hazards, including but not limited to, high noise levels, physical obstacles, exposure to chemicals, etc. Requires working with or near energized 480 VAC circuits. Must wear appropriate safety glasses, hearing protection, clothing, and footwear in appropriate areas and follow safety practices.
Physical Requirements: This position regularly requires a high degree of mental effort due to considerable interruptions and/or frequent changes of activity or workloads during a typical working day. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by personnel assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Clinton’s Ditch offers excellent pay and benefits after 90 days. (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Life Insurance, and Paid Time Off)
Please no phone calls or recruiters regarding this job posting
Job Type: Full-timeSalary $29.10